- The date on which an event took place in a previous year
- An anniversary (from the Latin anniversarius, from the words for year and to turn, meaning (re)turning yearly; known in English since c. 1230) is a day that commemorates and/or celebrates a past event that occurred on the same day of the year as the initial event.
- The date on which a couple was married in a previous year
- The date on which a country or other institution was founded in a previous year
- the date on which an event occurred in some previous year (or the celebration of it)
- Anniversary is a compilation album by Pentangle. It was released in 1992, the 25th anniversary of the formation of the band, on the German label Hypertension HYCD 200 123. A special feature of this album is “Come sing Me A Happy Song”. According to the website http://www.bertjansch.com/disco.
- A printed transcript of such a talk
- (sermon) a moralistic rebuke; “your preaching is wasted on him”
- A talk on a religious or moral subject, esp. one given during a church service and based on a passage from the Bible
- A long or tedious piece of admonition or reproof; a lecture
- (sermon) an address of a religious nature (usually delivered during a church service)
- A sermon is an oration by a prophet or member of the clergy. Sermons address a Biblical, theological, religious, or moral topic, usually expounding on a type of belief, law or behavior within both past and present contexts.
- A particular Christian organization, typically one with its own clergy, buildings, and distinctive doctrines
- The hierarchy of clergy of such an organization, esp. the Roman Catholic Church or the Church of England
- one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
- a place for public (especially Christian) worship; “the church was empty”
- A building used for public Christian worship
- perform a special church rite or service for; “church a woman after childbirth”
church anniversary sermons – Anniversary Sermon,
Stained Glass Window
Then and Now
The foreground shows a banner celebrating the 800th anniversary of the University of Cambridge, the banner is a optical micrograph of a multilayer of silicone elastomer developed at the University’s Nanoscience Centre on the West Cambridge site last year.
The banner reads "800 years of innovation"
church anniversary sermons
The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic — a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.
The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:
Half-title: Mr. Dorr’s election-sermon, May 9th, 1765.
Hartford : Printed by Thomas Green, at the Heart and Crown, opposite the State-House, . 34,p. ; 8°